Darcy's Reviews > Endgame

Endgame by Ann Aguirre

Sep 11, 12

bookshelves: 2012, futuristic, space-drama
Read on September 11, 2012

I really, really didn't want to read this book. Not because I didn't think I would like it, but because I knew I would and since it is the last book in the series, I didn't want it to be over.

This book was full of action, we get to see Jax at her best, at her so so, and when she questioned herself, pretty much what always happens. The fun was seeing what Jax thought of her actions in each situation.
As the series went on I was torn between March and Vel, surprising with how each of them started out. At one point one of the characters said it well, March was more about sex, Vel was more about friendship, but both were all about love. What needed to happen was for all of them to be ok with the spot they held in each other's life. Each man had some great scenes where they worked out these issues that brought tears to my eyes.

I did miss the old characters that have been around since the start, but we got to know some new ones better. Sasha and Zeeka were fun, something sorely needed in the war they were fighting. The one character that surprised me was Loras, he really changed. Some of that needed to happen, some of it I worry about him in the aftermath.

This book really brought a good close to a great series. It left the characters in a good place, one where there is the hope of happiness for their future.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Endgame.