Chris's Reviews > The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson

Jun 05, 10

bookshelves: mystery-sweden
Read from June 01 to 05, 2010

Another riveting read. I was starting to get frustrated with the plot when I thought there was an obvious solution to the problem, then my idea for the solution was confirmed, but I never saw it coming. And then it took off like a rocket once again. I enjoyed some of the new characters and the sidetrips along the path of the main plot line. It's too bad there won't be more of these stories but the NYT talked about a book on his laptop that his girlfriend/companion possesses as well as the outlines of two or three more stories. Hopefully his brother and father can work out their differences with his girlfriend/companion but that seems unlikely.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest.

06/01/2010 page 1
0.18% "Only have a week to read this."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Trish (new)

Trish Kewl (scandanavian for cool), right?

Chris Cool is an understatement. Another great read. I couldn't tell you which of the three is the best. Blomquist and Lisbeth are sometimes not the most likeable people but they are compelling characters thanks to the author.

message 3: by Trish (new)

Trish I heard a review with the Scandanavian and USA editors which suggested that there might be a way for one of the parties contesting his legacy to sell the rights to serialize--and therefore allow for a TV series written by others to take up the adventures of Lisbeth and Blomkvist. That sounds like fun.