AdultNonFiction Teton County Library's Reviews > The Legend of Colton H. Bryant

Jun 01, 2010

bookshelves: biography

Teton County Library Call No: 622.3382 FULLER
Debbie's rating: 5 stars

My interest in this novel-biography was twofold: I am fascinated by the books of our award winning local author, "Bo" Fuller, and I was curious to see how she would tell the true story of this young Wyoming oil field worker. Her bulls-eye view of the land and skillful way to pull the reader into the soul of Colton, his family and friends, was superb. I was amazed at their strong ties to this dangerous work as well as their devotion to each other. While the fate of Colton's tra...more My interest in this novel-biography was twofold: I am fascinated by the books of our award winning local author, "Bo" Fuller, and I was curious to see how she would tell the true story of this young Wyoming oil field worker. Her bulls-eye view of the land and skillful way to pull the reader into the soul of Colton, his family and friends, was superb. I was amazed at their strong ties to this dangerous work as well as their devotion to each other. While the fate of Colton's tragic death was skillfully foreshadowed, I was still appalled at the petroleum company's insensitivity to human life.

Bo's sensitive writing helped me better understand this subculture, so close to my own stomping grounds and I feel anyone with a heart will be touched by Colton's attitude about life and relationships. As always, Alexandra again proved, whether set in Africa (Let's Not Go to the Dogs Tonight) or Wyoming, she can tell a story hard to forget.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Legend of Colton H. Bryant.