Susi's Reviews > Edge of Moonlight

Edge of Moonlight by Stephanie Julian

Jun 04, 10

bookshelves: shifter, paranormals, erotica, 2010-06, 2010
Read on June 01, 2010

I received this book as a review copy from Stephanie and I knew the moment I finished the last book, Midnight Menage, that I would love this book. I really like that Mrs. Julian's stories are so directly connected and you can immediately get back into the mood of her stories. Her writing just flows exactly right for me and I loved every second of the dive into her world.

This story is about Kaine who we already met in the last book. She completely fell in love with John in Moonlight Menage and my heart broke for her when he decided to forget everything about her. I can't start to imagine how that must have felt but it's not the only thing that is messed up in her life: she just can't shift and that scares her half to death. What good is a professional assassin without this ability not even to mention what the guys will say when they learn that the only girl in their group can't even do that. She is shattered and helpless in her current situation. You know these characters in books you like ASAP and you know that you would totally get friends with them- Kaine is one of those characters for me. I liked her attitude and the way she handled her life. I saw myself in her liking to be with the guys and she really fit into the story.

John is a wonderful person. He is strong, an alpha at heart but also very caring and just all in all a lovely person. He wouldn't like to hear that but I like him. He wants nothing more than his little sister being safe, okay perhaps there is one thing. *wink* After losing his memories of the lucani in the last book he is not as clueless as we all thought. He dreams about Kaine and when he meets the group again he feels like he knows them. He is a rather hands on, believe only what you see kind of man and it is hard for him to grasp the whole magic world at first but he tries his best. He knows how the odds are and he is not too stupid to accept help when he gets an offer. He is also highly attracted to Kaine and OMG every girl should have her own John. Good for your ego.

These two just belong to each other. The attraction is sizzling form the start and I begged for them to just give this thing a chance. They are so good together, and yes every pun intended. I loved the way they talked and all the other things they did, too. Mrs. Julian's sex scenes are wonderfully written. I love the way she makes them work- very erotic and romantic at onces.

The plot in this installment was thrilling and suspenseful. I was gripped by the story nearly from the start and all the humor and wit on the way made this read more than just enjoyable. It is exactly the right mix of fun, emotion, smex and action. At some points the world was still a bit confusing for me but thanks to the glossary I wasn't lost long. This world is highly fascinating so I really didn't mind that at all.

Highly recommended shifter series and I have to say I can't wait for the next book.
4 1/2 of 5 stars
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Edge of Moonlight.

06/01/2010 page 94 "I really like this book."