Elizabeth Scott's Reviews > Still Missing

Still Missing by Chevy Stevens

Jun 01, 10

I got an ARC of this book at BEA and I'd heard it was intense but it was...wow. It was VERY intense. It opens with the main character, Annie, talking to a therapist. (Most of the chapters are structured this way, which I really enjoyed, plus you got a little bit of second person once in a while, and you all know I love that!)

It turns out that Annie was kidnapped by a total stranger, and well, subjected to some really, really awful things. But she escaped from her captor and is now trying to readjust to "normal" life.

Chevy Stevens does an amazing job with presenting not just the harrowing details of Annie's abduction and life with her captor, but also of how incredibly difficult trying to be "normal"--or to even live for one moment without total fear after she's "free." I really recommend this to anyone who wants to see just how difficult life is for those who have gone through extreme trauma.

Finally, one note of caution--this is a title marketed at adults, and thus, has a lot of very, very graphic scenes in it that would not be found in a YA book dealing with the same subject. (In short, it is not a YA title, though I have no doubt that, as with many other successful adult thrillers, this one will be picked up by teen readers)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Still Missing.