Sera's Reviews > Catching Fire

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

Jun 11, 10

bookshelves: children-ya, favorites, library, audio, series
Recommended to Sera by: Seasonal Reading Challenge
Recommended for: Fans of the series
Read from June 01 to 09, 2010, read count: 1

The second book in the trilogy, which in my opinion, does not disappoint. Catching Fire takes the reader directly to what happens next after the end of the Hunger Games, the first book in the series.

Some have criticized this book as providing the reader with more of the same as the first book. Respectfully, I disagree. Although some of the premises aren't new, Collins manages to breathe fresh life into their details. I listened to this one on audio. The reader of the book wasn't very good, but I didn't care, because I was completely gripped by the story and drawn into the lives of the characters. Collins has created a world, where I surely would not want to live, but has caused me to care about what happens to the characters who do actually live there.

I cannot wait for the final book in the series to come out in August. Although I think that I know how the series will end, I am so looking forward to the journey to getting there.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Catching Fire.

06/01/2010 page 1
8.33% "Starting the sequel to the Hunger Games on audio. The "reader" isn't great, but the story is so good that I can forgive her."
06/03/2010 page 5
41.67% "Commuting has never been this fun!"
06/08/2010 page 9
75.0% "I should be finished this one tomorrow. Excellent sequel!"