Amanda's Reviews > Heart of the Dragon

Heart of the Dragon by Gena Showalter

May 31, 2010

Read on June 13, 2010 — I own a copy

I was looking to read something for an adult audience having had a bit of a Young Adult book overload lately. Sometimes I just wish that the characters would get it on in YA books then I remember that they most likely won't. I'm so glad I picked this to read as boy was it hot! The romantic tension was in overload and was so expertly written I felt like I was Grace having to deal with it all! Yep, I got totally absorbed in Heart of the Dragon that I was rather upset that it had to finish. This is the first of Gena's books that I've read and I'll definitely be going back for more. I currently have two more books on my shelf by her just begging for attention but I really want to read more about this world - Atlantis - first before moving on.

Grace is so lovable with all her insecurities and raw feelings. She's so real that I wanted to give her a hug whenever she was feeling sad or doubting herself. Her passion to find, well, a passion in life was really inspiring. If only we could all find a Darius of our own. The man is literally what dreams are made of. Fierce, protective, gorgeous, loyal, um rich. Lol. The love that develops between them is beautiful. All the situations they are thrown into had me giggling away or tense with what might follow. I love awkward situations and ones that bring out strong emotions in characters which this was full of.

I wasn't really a fan of Grace's brother's parts though they were necessary for the final scenes to make sense. I really just wanted to focus on Grace! The ending was a little too convenient but Atlantis' troubles are far from over, thank god. This series is going to be awesome. I wish I had Jewel of Atlantis now! While I'm a little sad that it doesn't focus on Grace and Darius again, Atlantis' other beings are going to be really exciting to explore and experience. Paranormal Romance lovers will really enjoy this but recommendations are probably useless for Gena now as anyone worth their weight in PR will already know of her awesomeness.

Cover: Pretty cool for a book heavy on the romance. The man is a perfect Darius and I love the dragon tattoo on his chest.

Atlantis Series

1. Heart of the Dragon
2. Jewel of Atlantis
3. The Nymph King
4. The Vampire's Bride
5. The Amazon's Curse

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heart of the Dragon.

06/13/2010 page 171