Carol Gambill's Reviews > Wrath and Remembrance

Wrath and Remembrance by John  Walker

Oct 02, 10

Read from May 31 to October 02, 2010

** spoiler alert ** This book distinguishes an author who is ingeniously creative with character development and storytelling, taking the reader to another facet completely. Jack Parrish comes to life, bringing a character that one can completely relate to. One will easily associate the ups and downs of Jack’s life.

It is best put from another reviewer that mentions the storyline as “being like a fly on the wall”.

You’ll come to love Jack and discern him as though he were a brother--a pal. You’ll become intimate with his friends and even know how Jack thinks. His likes and dislikes keep him close to your bosom while an ever-changing tale unfolds before your eyes. The complex level of Jack’s personality also sucks one into another realm while embodying the reader with Jack’s inner soul. You’ll begin to live as Jack. That’s true writing.

The author eloquently writes with a soft, calming voice that tells of Jack, his good friends and everyone that touches Jack’s life in someway or another, and for very good reason. It makes Jack who he is and who he inevitably becomes.

I have to admit that I was mortified when Jack had lost everything near and dear to him, especially after overcoming so much up to that point. But through it all, I witnessed Jack find truth, contentment and love.

If you wish to take a lifetime journey with a good friend, however narrow and twisting that path traveled becomes, I recommend ‘Wrath and Remembrance’…but then again after reading it, I believe that journey is only the beginning…

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wrath and Remembrance.