Dawn's Reviews > Blind Descent

Blind Descent by Nevada Barr

Oct 01, 2010

Read in October, 2010

As with all the other books in the series, I really enjoyed this book. However, I think most of my enjoyment came from the series as a whole rather than just this book. There are 16 books so far and I have read a handful of them...and not in order either. Most of the books I've read are the more recent issues. Blind Decent is #6. At first I was annoyed because Anna Pigeon (the main character) did things that she would not normally do. A small example is sit her rump down in the dirt. She would rather crouch on her heels, be just as comfortable, but have a quick way to move if necessary. I soon realized that a lot of the characteristics I like about her were probably picked up in later books. I've found that the author has an amazing way to allow the characters to grow and learn through each book just as in real life.

You'd think that having 16 mystery books all revolving around one main character would make things redundant. In some ways they are, kind of like "Murder She Wrote". Actually A LOT like "Murder She Wrote". But because each book is based in a different National Park and the author is incredible with her way of describing every detail of the natural beauty in each park, each book carries its own uniqueness.

Weather you read the book for the mystery or for the sense of being out in nature, or both, you won't be disappointed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blind Descent.