Fraser Kinnear's Reviews > The Accidental Theorist and Other Dispatches from the Dismal Science

The Accidental Theorist and Other Dispatches from the Dismal ... by Paul Krugman

May 31, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: history, economics
Read from May 30 to 31, 2010

I've been reading Krugman on NYT for a whole now, amd I don't remember when I heard about this book, which is mostly a collection of OpEds he wrote for Slate in the 90s.

Because the audience for most of the pieces in this book were news readers, the book sometimes felt a bit out-of-date, and in that regard a reader today will have to appreciate it as a piece of history.

Having said that, Krugman still imbibes everything he writes about with a healthy dose of economic theory, which I greatly benefitted learning from. His nuggets of economic insight were what kept me reading, highlighting, and bookmarking, amd why I will probably return to select passages at a later date.

I have a pretty firm understanding ofneconomics, having taken about 12 hours of it over the course of my 158 hours of undergraduate classwork, but I still find myself benefitting greatly from hearing the stories told again from a different angle.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Accidental Theorist and Other Dispatches from the Dismal Science.

06/02/2016 marked as: read