Katie's Reviews > Ordinary World

Ordinary World by Elisa Lorello

I like just about everyone else read Oridnary World after Faking it thinking it was a sequel which would follow basically the same storyline and character flow. Boy was I wrong. OW touches on new feelings and emotions which if we are lucky enough in life we will never have to tap into.

After losing her husband suddenly, Andi needs to focus on finding herself and creating a new life without Sam. Andi struggles every day with her grief and in the process pushes away the opportunity for new love with her old friend Devin/David. This is not a romance. OW is about a woman struggling with loss and trying to keep from losing herself in her grief. Grief is an emotion which different people deal with in different ways. This book is about the way Andi deals with hers.

I enjoyed OW as much as I feel I possibly could given the subject matter. The roller coaster of emotion one experiences when reading this book is what reading is all about. I laughed and cried and I could not ask for a whole lot more from a book. I gave 4 stars instead of 5 soley because, this is not my normal cup-o-tea book. This book ended on a "we'll see how it goes" note. I'm for the HEA.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ordinary World.