Carolyn F.'s Reviews > Breathing Lessons

Breathing Lessons by Anne Tyler

Jun 19, 12

bookshelves: contemporary, fiction-general, audiobook-and-owned-book
Read from June 04 to 18, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 2

Reread by audiobook. Kept.

Okay, first of all I've always thought of this couple as elderly. I'M OLDER THAN THEY ARE! That's just sick!

I went through a time in the 1980s/1990s where I read everything Anne Tyler and kept up with her books. I swear I read this book but there were scenes I didn't remember. My problem might be I'm seeing Joanne Woodward and James Garner as the couple too because this was an excellent Hallmark movie, which they used to have on TV a couple of times a year. I think they're on ABC Family now but this was on the regular channels and had two really outstanding actors.

When I started the cassettes I thought where's Blair Brown? I've listened to two of Anne Tyler's audiobooks and she's been the narrator, so I came to the audiobook with a really crappy attitude. Alexandra O'Karma actually did an excellent job. She's so low key (which I'm sure is character driven) that it took me awhile to realize what a good job she was doing. I'll have to try to remember her name when looking for audiobooks.

I would recommend this audiobook for sure!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Breathing Lessons.