Tara's Reviews > Slings and Arrows

Slings and Arrows by Josh Lanyon

This book is many things and it was my first Josh Lanyon book. It was also the second book in the Petit Morts series.

The story takes place at a college. There is Carey, boy that is not only smart (he's an anthropology major), but he is athletic (he's on the swim team), and he's a nice guy as well. His roommate leaves much to be desired (not uncommon among college roommates), so he spends time with the guys next door, Heath and Ben. Ben is also an anthropology major, so when Carey receives a box of chocolates from a secret admirer, Ben starts tossing out potential people from their department. Around the same time, the attractive grad student that is the teaching assistant for the head of Anthropology Department seems to be taking an interest as well. Coincidence or something more sinister?

Again at the root of this story is a simple romance. I'm actually not sure how the paranormal element played out in this story, but I know it was there, because Chance and his mysterious candy shop was there. I think that even if someone was squeamish about m/m books, they could handle the 2 Josh Lanyon books in this series. I would equate it to a m/m version of chicklit. You know, the sex is there but the details are not as in-depth as in a standard romance.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Slings and Arrows.