EJ's Reviews > Plain Truth

Plain Truth by Jodi Picoult

Dec 20, 07

Read in December, 2007

Maybe its the holidays and traveling, extra working hours or just pure laziness...I keep picking up easy reads! As my vacation is only 6 days away I am allowing myself this guilt free , well almost =)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Plain Truth.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leslie (new)

Leslie I love Jodi Picoult's books. Each one is so different. This was one of my favorites. Her writing and use of words are beautiful and compelling. The look into this very closed society was an amazing thing and that she actually got to live with the Amish in order to write this book, is unheard of. I highly recommend this book.

message 2: by EJ (new) - rated it 3 stars

EJ I didn't know she actually lived with the Amish. Ironically that is something my friends and I have talked about doing but we didn't think it would be possible.
you should rent the documentary " The Devils Playground." It is about the Amish and concentrates more on the choice they make to stay or go.

message 3: by Leslie (new)

Leslie Thanks Eileen, that's good to know. Yes she stayed with them for several weeks. That's how she does her books. She actually lives things before she writes. I love that about her. Have you read other books by her? My Sisters Keeper, Saving Faith....

message 4: by EJ (new) - rated it 3 stars

EJ I read My Sisters Keeper, Vanishing Acts, Mercy, and the Pact. I must say My Sisters Keeper was the most intriguing due to the topic.
I like her story ideas but have yet to warm to her writing style. Her books are perfect for long plane rides.