Mashell's Reviews > The Help

The Help by Kathryn Stockett

Aug 11, 2010

bookshelves: historical-fiction, my-favorites
Read in August, 2010

I couldn't put this book down. It was captivating. I struggle with giving it four stars, or five. It is definately a five star book in the way it was written. The only problem, as usual with me, were the swear words and one part of the content. I admire the strength and determination of the women and the way they stood up in difficult times. I laughed, I cried and got angry too. It was almost the perfect book for me!

Weeks Later: I can't quit thinking about this book. It has made an impact on me. I decided to change my rating to 5 stars because of the way it touched me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Help.

08/02/2010 page 200

Sarah Nokleby I just finished this book 10 minutes ago!LOVED it. So very real. At the end, the author gives her own story, which made it all even better, somehow.

Mashell Great - thanks! I will move it up towards the top of my to-reads list then. It would be fun to compare notes when I finish reading it.

Alison Is someone already in line to read your copy?

Mashell Can you believe I haven't recieved the copy I ordered from yet? So much for giving an oportunity to the guy with zero history! I borrowed a copy from a friend in Boise. Want me to ask if I can get it back from her?

Alison No that's OK. I probably won't be able to make it to book club next week anyway. I'll just keep waiting for the one I have on hold at the library and be late reading it.