Crystal's Reviews > The Ark

The Ark by Boyd Morrison

Jun 03, 10

bookshelves: for-review, read-may-2010
Read from May 30 to 31, 2010

I started this on Sunday afternoon and read it for about 3 hours straight. I then picked it back up on Monday and except for a small nap I read it until the end. I think The Ark could be described as a non-stop thrill ride. The plot feels believable, like something that could really happen but still a fiction story to enjoy. I really liked the characters of Tyler, Dilara and Grant. They were well-developed and I felt I got to know them (though I would love to read another book involving them). The bad guys are also very evil and contrast the good guys well.

I enjoyed the plot line and watching it develop. I was constantly surprised by things that happened. It was well-plotted and well-pace for an entertaining read. I enjoyed reading about the various projects that Tyler's engineering consulting firm had on their plate (and from reading the afterword, some of them are real). There was so much to this novel that made it truly an enjoyable read. I felt like I was in the midst of the adventure and often found myself holding my breath awaiting the outcome. I woke up Monday wondering what would happen next and could not wait to pick up the book.

I highly recommend The Ark to lovers of adventure suspense novels. It's also wonderful in the fact that curse words are not laced through the book, there are just a few places some are used, but they are definitely not in excess.

If you love Raymond Khoury, I believe you will like Boyd Morrison and suggest you give him a try. I look forward to future books by him.

My Rating: 4.75/5.0

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Ark.

05/30/2010 page 144
33.03% "Oh my goodness - this is a thrill ride from the start."
show 1 hidden update…