Ni_kii's Reviews > Blaze of Memory

Blaze of Memory by Nalini Singh

May 12, 12

bookshelves: alpha-male, strong-female-charcter, nalini-singh, must-read, steamy
Read from May 30 to November 07, 2010

This book really surprised me. I was a bit reluctant at first to give it a shot...Dev wasnt a character who had ever really drew me in! I was proven wrong within about 4 chapters. Dev is an amazing charcter, strong to the point of coldness and passionate about everything he does. Katya is a broken person trying to rebuild herself from the inside up. When they get together sparks dont start to fly immiediately, and when they do there is obviously loads of obstacles in the way!

This book is amazingly well crafted. There have been some complaints that the romance happened too fast but at the end of the day this is a romance novel and if it didnt happen fast I would be wanting my money back. The story was satisifying with both of the characters saving each other in one way or the other, and the charcters were written so well that I found myself routing for a positive outcome for them. This book also made me sob bucketloads and I am definately not one to cry. The story was so heartbreaking that you couldnt see a satisfying solution, although you knew there had to be one!

The side storys were well written. Sascha and Lucas were shown a couple of times, Dorian was in there and so, happily for me, was Judd. the biggest shocker was some of the revelations you found out about the kids and I cant help but feel there is a massive forgotten subplot about to emerge in the remaining book. The Tag an Ti story was a nice touch and I do hope these two get their own story!

Overall well recommended - bring on Maxs book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blaze of Memory.

11/02/2010 page 76
20.0% "I dont care I've read it before.....I still want someone to bunk Ming off for Katya!...mmm maybe Kaleb:)"
11/02/2010 page 76

Ni_kii as good as the first time I read it...onto the next :)