Marlene's Reviews > Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: Dawn of the Dreadfuls

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Steve Hockensmith

F_50x66
May 30, 10

Read in May, 2010

DAWN OF THE DREADFULS is the prequel to PRIDE AND PREJUDICE AND ZOMBIES and takes place when Elizabeth is sixteen. After a zombie arises during its funeral, all the Bennett children learn, that their father fought zombies during the previous zombie infestation. Now, the Bennett children must learn quickly and take up arms against the enemy. To aid the girls in this endeavor a ninja master, Master Hawksworth, is sent and the fun begins.

As a rabid Jane Austen fan, I enjoy reading most anything having to do with her books, especially my favorite--PRIDE AND PREJUDICE. DAWN OF THE DREADFULS is no exception, mainly because I, also, enjoy cheesy horror books and movies, that don't take themselves too seriously. I found myself chuckling during parts of this book and wish that a movie could be made of it along the lines of SHAUN OF THE DEAD. That would be a real hoot. While I really enjoyed this book, some Jane Austen fans might not appreciate the gore and, as stated above, cheesiness. Now, I need to read PRIDE AND PREJUDICE AND ZOMBIES.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.