Sarah W's Reviews > Gator on the Loose!

Gator on the Loose! by Sue Stauffacher

Jun 03, 10

bookshelves: animal-stories, contemporary
Read from May 30 to June 03, 2010

Keisha's plans for Memorial Day get changed unexpectedly while she is helping take phone calls for the family business. Instead of going to the local pool for a swim, Carter Urban Rescue is heading to the pool to remove the alligator that has taken up residence there. Once the alligator is contained, he is placed in the Carter's bathtub. When he escapes while under Grandma's watch, Keisha is stuck watching after her little brothers while her parents try to corral the alligator. It seems like half the neighborhood is showing up while Keisha struggles to think of a plan.

While parts of the story may seem predictable, I enjoyed this read. I enjoyed the strong local setting of the book. The alligator sanctuary that shows up in the book is real as are several different characters. I also liked the blended, multigenerational family in the story. Many of the children I work with are interested in animals and this is a book I think many of them would enjoy as a read-aloud.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gator on the Loose!.