Nafiza's Reviews > Inside Out

Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder

Apr 25, 11

bookshelves: 2011
Read from April 21 to 25, 2011

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Inside Out.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Nafiza I am so not feeling this. It's like walking sloooowly, so slowly. Oh well, I shall finish this.

Emily I felt the exact same way when I read this too!

Aleeeeeza same here. i gave it four stars mostly for it's creativity. but overall it was kinda sluggish, i thinko.

Nafiza The second one isn't any better. In fact, it has the added bonus of making the heroine annoying.

Aleeeeeza Nafiza wrote: "The second one isn't any better. In fact, it has the added bonus of making the heroine annoying."

you already read the second one? :| what are you, some super-speedy-reading alien or something? LOL. but im actually really lookin forward to the second one since the first one ended pretty brilliantly. i thought trella's habit to jump to conclusions was plenty annoying even in the first book. i mean, she just instantly assumed that the world would come to an end or everyone she knew was a traitor if some lil' thing would go wrong. GRRRR.

message 6: by Nafiza (last edited Apr 27, 2011 12:13PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Nafiza Aleeza wrote: "Nafiza wrote: "The second one isn't any better. In fact, it has the added bonus of making the heroine annoying."

No, no. I'm still reading it. It's casting a pall over my reading-ness though. I was looking forward to the book but Trella is becoming seriously annoying in her deliberate blindness to the world she lives in. You'll see what I mean. It's still really readable but ... I just don't click with it.

Aleeeeeza Nafiza wrote: "Aleeza wrote: "Nafiza wrote: "The second one isn't any better. In fact, it has the added bonus of making the heroine annoying."

you already read the second one? :| what are you, some super-speedy-..."

well, i have ta review it along with this one, so i probably will read it. besides, there's that whole subjective thing goin on. also, just out of curiosity, what year are you in in your college?

Nafiza Third year. Though honestly, since I changed my major in the middle of doing my science, it is not really reflective of the amount of time I have spent in a tertiary institution.

Aleeeeeza Nafiza wrote: "Third year. Though honestly, since I changed my major in the middle of doing my science, it is not really reflective of the amount of time I have spent in a tertiary institution."

'tertiary institution'.
so there ARE people who actually use words like that! :P

Nafiza Aleeza wrote: "Nafiza wrote: "Third year. Though honestly, since I changed my major in the middle of doing my science, it is not really reflective of the amount of time I have spent in a tertiary institution."

..."

It's actually not an archaic word. People use it all the time. -_-

Aleeeeeza Nafiza wrote: "Aleeza wrote: "Nafiza wrote: "Third year. Though honestly, since I changed my major in the middle of doing my science, it is not really reflective of the amount of time I have spent in a tertiary i..."

hey, cmon, i live in pakistan remember? over here if you can say, hello, how are you, excuse me, sorry, etc, it's a big deal. anyways, GUESS WHAT OMG, maybe im returning to the usa this year! *goes crazy with excitement* it might not happen, of course, but it always CAN and im sooooo lookin forward to it.
i mean, sure im freaked out of my mind because itll be such a cultural shock (not that ill be new to it--all the shiftin back and forth has gotten me plenty used to it), but im still totes thrilled because i can FINALLY go to an actual college and maybe even work in a bookstore or a library part-time.

okay, yeah, sorry about the rambling. ill shut up now :|

Nafiza Haha. Congratulations, woman. I hope it does happen and you don't have to get married to someone you barely know. I have people in New Zealand if you ever want to move there and need contacts. I actually have a lot of people there. Lol.

Aleeeeeza Nafiza wrote: "Haha. Congratulations, woman. I hope it does happen and you don't have to get married to someone you barely know. I have people in New Zealand if you ever want to move there and need contacts. I ac..."

lol, im guessing you've read my super-angsty blog post about being a paki-american? :P heh.

also, you have new-zealand-ish relatives/friends? HOW. FREAKING. COOL.

at the moment however i shall just hope to get to usa. even that'd be a big deal. i'll focus my sights on new zealand laterz.

Nafiza Relatives. I'm from Fiji. New Zealand is like in our backyard. I was actually there year before last. It's okay, Canada's much better. Haha. Good luck with getting to America. :)

message 15: by Aleeeeeza (last edited Apr 29, 2011 11:33AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Aleeeeeza Nafiza wrote: "Relatives. I'm from Fiji. New Zealand is like in our backyard. I was actually there year before last. It's okay, Canada's much better. Haha. Good luck with getting to America. :)"

did you just say CANADA is better than new zealand? uh, what?! okay, im overreacting, considering ive never been to new zealand. i only realllyyy like their cricket team (aka: hot cricketers :P) and i wrote a novel situated in queenstown and fell in love with place while researching it. i sort of lost the novel when my laptop crashed, so ill have to write it all over again. :/
and ive been to toronto ages ago. too young to remember now, but im pretty sure its a great place to live. ive always wanted to visit vancouver. especially after that blog post of yours in which you showed its pics :)

Nafiza Yep. Indeed it is. I might be biased and coloured by my experiences. I do love the natural beauty of New Zealand but in terms of places I want to live, I feel that Canada is better - or to be more specific, Vancouver. Mostly because New Zealand is full of my relatives, lol. Honestly, I find it very disconnected from the rest of the world. And the pace of life is way too slow and just. People are not very nice. Canadians are very nice. In fact, we have a reputation for niceness. The other nice thing about Vancouver specially is its diversity. We're so multicultural, you will hear four to five languages on the bus/train at a time. And we don't lose to anyone where natural beauty is concerned. And Rugby is much bigger in New Zealand than cricket. Youtube the All Black's Haka. It's amazing.

message 17: by Krystle (new) - added it

Krystle ^ LoL. I like my Hawai'i. People are laidback and the pace of life is slower. But the majority of people are nice. =). There is TONS of ethnic diversity in Hawai'i. No need for wanting. XD.

Nafiza Krystle wrote: "^ LoL. I like my Hawai'i. People are laidback and the pace of life is slower. But the majority of people are nice. =). There is TONS of ethnic diversity in Hawai'i. No need for wanting. XD."

I'd love to visit Hawai'i, man. Some day! But the island lifestyle is different from the Kiwi one. I mean, I'm from Fiji, I know all about being laid back. My first day in Auckland, this one woman closed the door on my finger in a public washroom (I was coming in while she was leaving) and while I was crying out from the excruciating pain (my nail was totally destroyed) she just went on her way without bothering to see if I was okay or even apologising. :|

message 19: by Krystle (new) - added it

Krystle ^ What?! That's horrid! People would be all, "OMG! ARE YOU OKAY?! I'm so sorry!" here. Ouch that sounds like death. >_<.

Nafiza Krystle wrote: "^ What?! That's horrid! People would be all, "OMG! ARE YOU OKAY?! I'm so sorry!" here. Ouch that sounds like death. >_<."

I know right. They would be like that in Canada too. And while it's not fair to judge the entire populace by the actions of one person, it certainly doesn't make me warm up to them either. :\

Aleeeeeza Nafiza wrote: "Yep. Indeed it is. I might be biased and coloured by my experiences. I do love the natural beauty of New Zealand but in terms of places I want to live, I feel that Canada is better - or to be more ..."

wait wait wait wait wait. KIWIS ARE MEAN?! :| one of the main reasons i want to move there is because i keep hearing about how kind the people are. you've just, like, totally destroyed a fantasy of mine, nafiza! lol.
and yeah, i agree one bitchy woman doesn't represent the entire kiwi nation. like, for example, new zealand happens to be the fairest-playing nation in cricket. whenever they accidentally hurt someone on field, they're all, mate, you all right? i'm honestly so sorry. (well, im assuming they say this, because i can't actually hear them :P). the also never lie about getting out etc... and yeah, rugby is really popular there, i know. personally, i don't get what's so awesome about rugby. :/
also: HAWAIII! yes, totally want to go there too. i ad no idea krystle was hawaiain. forgive me for sounding dumb, but i thought she was asian. heh.

message 22: by Krystle (new) - added it

Krystle ^ I am Asian. I have mixed blood. LoL. Japanese, Chinese, and Hawaiian. XD.

Aleeeeeza Krystle wrote: "^ I am Asian. I have mixed blood. LoL. Japanese, Chinese, and Hawaiian. XD."

ooh...coolio. hawaii is sorta chock-full with hapas, from what i know of it. i actually think its SO COOL. mixed-heritage kiddies have the best of it. (well, assuming they're like me, anyway.)

Nafiza I don't get what's so awesome about rugby.

Girl, you don't want to be saying that out in the islands! Rugby is the equivalent of cricket there (and in Fiji too). And I'm telling you, if you want nice, it's Canadians. :P And I'm not just saying it either.