Mark Dewey's Reviews > Searching for Dragons

Searching for Dragons by Patricia C. Wrede

May 29, 10

bookshelves: audio, fantasy, juvenile
Read on May 29, 2010

As for the story, I think I liked some things about the first book more. However, I liked the magic and characters tons more in the second, as well as some things about the story in this one, too. Really, I was wondering where the author was going to go with this book after having read the first one, but she did a good job—one excellent choice she did was making another protagonist with similar issues, going through his perspective, too, and it's interesting how they mesh together. Another good thing, I think, was that the dragons played a secondary role this time—not that I thought they were bad, but a little break seems like it was a good idea (it gives room for a more varied plot, I mean), but next time, even if they're back, that once-potential problem won't be an issue.

Anyway, if you've read the first one, I do recommend this one.

I'd say the magician was my favorite character. I liked how he wanted to learn about how all the magical things worked and such.

I like how there's actually some complexity and reason to the magic in this story. It's kind of unusual for this type of fantasy, but I liked it.

The narration of the audiobook was a whole lot better than that I listened to of the first book. It's the same company, but they've improved vastly, it seems.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Searching for Dragons.