Bethany's Reviews > City of Ashes

City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare

May 30, 2010

bookshelves: demons, paranormal, own, ya, angels, fairies, favorites, vampires, werewolves-animals
Read from May 29 to 30, 2010

I don't have enough time to type up a full review but i will say... Clary!! How hard is it to say "SHUT UP I LOVE YOU JACE!" to shut him up. really? you couldnt do that? lol I'm super glad my friends talked me into reading this series!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Ashes.

Quotes Bethany Liked

Cassandra Clare
“I'll just have them change the entry in the demonology textbook from 'almost extinct' to 'not extinct enough for Alec. He prefers his monsters really, really extinct.' Will that make you happy?”

Cassandra Clare
“Mom. I have something to tell you. I’m undead. Now, I know you may have some preconceived notions about the undead. I know you may not be comfortable with the idea of me being undead. But I’m here to tell you that undead are just like you and me … well, okay. Possibly more like me than you.”

Cassandra Clare
“Well, I’m not kissing the mundane," said Jace. "I’d rather stay down here and rot."
"Forever?" said Simon. "Forever’s an awfully long time."
Jace raised his eyebrows. "I knew it," he said. "You want to kiss me, don’t you?”

05/29/2010 page 20
4.42% "ready, set, read. :)"

Krista (I remember you, Min) (Critical) I know, right? Clary: Jace, shut your mouth and listen good. I. Love. You!
:) But this way it's more climactic when they finally admit their feelings.