Jess's Reviews > The Spellman Files

The Spellman Files by Lisa Lutz

Jun 18, 10

bookshelves: 2010, mystery
Read from June 17 to 18, 2010

This book was THE most convoluted, meandering, laugh inducing, confusion creating, scratch your head wondering thing I've EVER read! And yet it worked. The characters were definitely "out there", but they were still amusing and believable. Half the time I'd find myself trying to remember what the hell the book was about, but all the break off stories and flashbacks seemed useless, but in the end they all made sense. I'll definitely read the next book.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Spellman Files.

06/18/2010 page 68
19.26% "Really good!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Leslie You're review said it all! Can you imagine growing up in that household? Changing the deadbolt locks on your bedroom door every 6 months?!?! WTH?!?
I never laughed, snorted, chuckled, and giggled more reading any other book.
I am definately continuing with the series. Did you read the excerpt for the next book? I generally try not too, but I couldn't help myself this time. Seems like the next will be a rollercoaster ride like the first!

Jess I know, it would be terrible growing up in that family. Yeah I already plowed through the next 3. I was upset because I thought the series was over, but there's a fifth book coming out and that one will be the last.

Such a great series!!!