Jess's Reviews > Prodigal Son

Prodigal Son by Dean Koontz

Sep 15, 10

bookshelves: 2010, dean-koontz
Read from September 13 to 15, 2010

I've been meaning to read this one for awhile, and I'm glad I finally had a chance to. It was an interesting take on the classic tale of Frankenstein. There was of course that "weirdness factor" that is in every Koontz book. Just those little tidbits of information that lead you to scratch your head or shake your head in disgust.

I've always been a fan of Frankenstein and it's one of my favorite books so I was a little leery about reading a book that was loosely based on it. However, Koontz did a great job. He took bits of the original story and just ran with it. In this series, Frankenstein never died, and the monster is still free and roaming. Frankenstein has descended into a psychotic/zealot state of mind. The monster is an interesting character.. I won't even share details for fear of spoiling.

There are also some new characters thrown in, a detective named Carson who is actively searching for the person who framed her police officer father and trying to find a serial killer. Her brother who is autistic plays an interesting role as well.

All in all, it was a good book and I will definitely read the next in the series.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Prodigal Son.

09/13/2010 page 115
25.0% "Interesting so far, this is my bus book so I'm not sure how long it will take me to finish it."