Sherry's Reviews > Rising Shadow

Rising Shadow by Jacquelyn Wheeler

Jun 02, 10

Read from May 28 to June 01, 2010

I had previously heard about this book and when an ARC tour of it was announced I didn't hesitate to join. The idea of the Soterians is very unique and was a joy to learn about. It started out decent but felt like the author was trying too hard to push into our heads the idea that something was up with Ashlyn, the main character. But at about 60 pages in, that feeling fades away and it really starts picking up. New characters are introduced throughout the book and just when I thought I had everything figured out there was a twist in place.

As far as the action and romance went, Wheeler couldn't go wrong. The characters of Ashyln and Kai were meant to be together.

This novel involves a lot of politics. If you aren't a politcal person and think that just because this books talks a lot about politics that it won't be for you, then you are wrong. The Soterians can be helpful in any situation(I am sure of it!!), it just so happens in this book, its a politcal backdrop(I hear the next one is financial).

It's exciting to see YA go into a different direction. I've never read anything quite like this, and I think that's one of the reasons why I enjoyed it so much. It's new and refreshing.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rising Shadow.

06/01/2010 page 378