Jediraven's Reviews > Memnoch the Devil

Memnoch the Devil by Anne Rice

Mar 27, 11

** spoiler alert ** I thought it was very trite and cliche how they did the whole devil vs. God thing. It's been done so many times and it just doesn't interest me. I stopped reading a bit more than halfway through, and it's hard for me to put a book down.

I have almost the entire series, and I really wanted to read them all but now I don't really want to. I think I might give the Vampire Armand a try...

I read on Anne Rice's website about how she quit Christianity and watched her youtube videos about it, and it just seemed like she kept contradicting herself. I was going to email her about how I was disappointed about this book, but I figured since I didn't read the whole thing I have no right to criticize. And then I thought, who the hell cares about whether or not she's Christian? Apparently she thinks a lot of people do because she posted it all over Facebook. She quits Christianity but believes in Jesus. To me, that's a Christian. But let's not put labels on people because her beliefs don't coincide 100%. My suggestion: read about other religions and pick one. I'd go with Jedism.
Sorry, got off track. This book was awful. I don't know how it ends, I really don't care. I looked it up on Wikipedia and I'm glad I didn't finish it. Ugh.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Memnoch the Devil.