Patricia (Patricia's Particularity)'s Reviews > I Heart You, You Haunt Me

Apr 12, 11

bookshelves: young-adult
Recommended for: Tentative Readers, Young Adults, Teens
read count: 1

Ava had everything she wanted in life; that is until the love of her life, Jackson, died. Now Jackson's ghost is haunting Ava, and so is her grief and guilt over his death. Despite her personal grief, Ava welcomes Jackson's "presence", even though she can see him only in her dreams and they can never truly be together again. How can Ava continue to be faithful to Jackson, not being able to touch him? Can she move forward, and can Jackson let her go?

Like her other books, I Hear You, You Haunt Me is written in verse. Also, like her other books, this was a very fast read. While character development could have been closely more focused, Ava's emotions are raw and believable. Lisa Schroeder does a wonderful job showing how grief affects someone, including personal guilt that many feel when someone we love dies unexpectedly. One very unique aspect to this novel is the premise - it makes you ask yourself if you would behave as Ava does if you could "be with" your lost loved one, even if not in the normal sense of the word.

This is a wonderful book for tentative readers and fans of poetry.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Heart You, You Haunt Me.