Kristina's Reviews > The Homecoming

The Homecoming by Dan Walsh

May 31, 10

bookshelves: fiction, review
Read in May, 2010

Shawn Collins did what he had to do. He did his duty--got his men out of a firefight safely and how does God repay him? He takes away his wife, Elizabeth, leaving their son, Patrick to stay at his grouchy grandfather's house until Shawn was given leave. After returning home, Shawn is promoted to Major for his prowess in battle and is remiss to find out that instead of being discharged or being stationed closer to home, he will be the main speaker in a 'war-bonds' event. With his wife dead, Shawn knows that Patrick's care will be problematic while he is gone. His father is too old to completely care for the boy and yet, who else could care for him?
Katherine Townsend's heart was melted by Patrick Collins the first time she worked with him. After giving his grandfather a stern talking to about how to handle a young boy, Katherine was sure her connection with the Collins family would forever be separated. When Major Collins asks Katherine to be Patrick's nanny while he is deployed she is excited at the chance to see Patrick again...and Shawn as well. Will something develop beyond the superficial professional relationship?

I enjoyed The Homecoming thoroughly. A mix of historical fiction and romance, this book was fast-paced and intriguing. I also appreciate that the author wrote a compelling love story without any extra junk. Read: I did not blush when reading this novel. I especially like that the love story was not completely improbable. It was quite believable and was written with thought and care. I would recommend this book to everyone! You will be glad you read it!

Available June 2010 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group

A copy of this title was provided by Revell Publishers for review purposes. This in no way affected the content of this review.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Homecoming.