Jasmin's Reviews > Dreaming of You

Dreaming of You by Lisa Kleypas

May 29, 10

bookshelves: historical-romance, romance, historical-fiction, fiction, five-stars, aar-top-100-list, humor, dear-reader-top-100-list, favorites, reviewed-by-me
Recommended to Jasmin by: Dina
Recommended for: All romance readers
Read from May 27 to 28, 2010

Dreaming of You by Lisa Kleypas

I love you. Don't lie to either of us by pretending you're leaving for my good. All you'll do is deny us both a chance at happiness. I'll long for you every day and night, but at least my conscience will be clear. I haven't held anything back from you, out of fear, pride or stubbornness. Stay with me. Let me love you.

Dreaming of you is an immaculately romantic book that every romance reader MUST read.

Sara Fielding is an ordinary girl from the country who traveled to London for research for her novels. Unfortunately, researches include, but not limited to, observing at brothels and gaming clubs, where she is in no way safe. But the matter isn't entirely unfortunate, because if not for her so-called research, she would have never helped Derek Craven when he was attacked, thus there would be no budding romance in this book. And all would have been a waste.

Derek Craven is a gaming club owner. He was an orphan and street urchin in his youth, but worked hard. And from rags, he became rich. As in filthy rich. Feeling intense attraction for Sara, he tries to protect her from the most dangerous thing he thought of, himself. She was so pure, while he was soiled. If he had her, he would only sully her, or so he thought. But despite the fact that they tried going separate ways, destiny has a way of bringing two people fated to be together even closer. Let's call destiny in the name of Lily Raiford.

Having trying to fight it, but failed, Sara and Derek find each other as they were meant to, conquering the odds, shooting a little person here and there but still loving each other with every fiber of their being. And despite failing to fight destiny, they still became victors, as they had a prize, which is each other.
____
This is actually my first Lisa Kleypas read. This book hooked me at the instant and I wished I was at home rather than a work, because work does cause a hindrance to reading. However, this book made my heart flutter in my chest, because Derek Craven is wonderfully astonishing in his sweetness. Once he opens up pieces of himself, he couldn't stop pouring out the rest.

This book has fueled my future devotion to Lisa Kleypas. And nothing is going to stop me from reading more of her works ♥

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dreaming of You.

05/28/2010 page 122
32.71% 2 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Dina You're in for a real treat, Jasmin. Kleypas' books are amazing. Have fun glomming her backlist. :)

Jasmin haha, i have a plan of editing my challenge list and put a wallflower book on it. wallflowers are my next goaaaal. i'll read all your recommendations. we seem to be in the same wavelength when it comes to books :)

Catherine I loved this book. Derek and Sara's relationship was absolutely delightful. I loved how he kept little remembrances of her. So sweet.

Jasmin I loved how he was trying to protect Sara from himself. Though they obviously had to end up together! :D

Catherine Toward the end when he

***SPOILERS***

thought she died in the fire

***END SPOILERS***

I was so upset. The author totally ripped my heart out in sympathy. Poor Derek!

Jasmin I was honestly crying at that part.

message 7: by Nissie (new) - added it

Nissie Wow! That sounds great! I've just started reading LK myself, so I've got a lot of catching up to do too! Is this one a stand alone or part of a series?

Jasmin Nissie wrote: "Wow! That sounds great! I've just started reading LK myself, so I've got a lot of catching up to do too! Is this one a stand alone or part of a series?"

its a series, but "I think" u wouldnt miss much if you read this alone.

Catherine Derek does feature heavily in the previous book being that he's the heroine's best friend, but I think it stands on its own nicely.

message 10: by Nissie (new) - added it

Nissie Thanks! I'm buying up all of her books I can find, so I'm sure I'll have this one before long :)

message 11: by Nissie (new) - added it

Nissie Catherine wrote: "Derek does feature heavily in the previous book being that he's the heroine's best friend, but I think it stands on its own nicely."

So it's not one of those where you love him as the best friend, but hate him as the hero in his own story?

Catherine No, not at all. He actually comes off a little wilder and harsher as the friend, but when we get to see a closer view of him - excellent!

message 13: by Nissie (new) - added it

Nissie Oh, good! I've read so many series like that. It's such a disappointment when they've made you fall in olve with somebody and just can't wait to read the next book and he turns out to be a jerk until the last 2 chapters.

Catherine No, Derek is a great hero. He's one of my favorites from LK.