Frezanda's Reviews > The Best Girl

The Best Girl by Emma Harrison

Jun 01, 10

bookshelves: e-book-owned, youngadult
Read from May 31 to June 01, 2010

This book is a fast read. It's written wonderfully. I can relate with the main character who were a bit tomboyish. Great charcters all around. Emma Harrison managed not to make the characters to be a cliche like some of the usual chicklit novel's propensity.
Story wise though there is nothing new. The usual chick lit formula. Girl has a crush. Unexpectedly meets the guy she crushes on. Stupidly lies. Gets found out. Forgive each other and live happily ever after. The end.
My only problem and for me it's a huge flaw is that this relationship between Farrah/ Jane and Connor started with a lie. This really annoyed me because that lie is pointless. That lie was so flimsy and weak. Jane should have never done it and at any point Connor could have found it out easily. (At least if you told a lie, make it a strong believable one and only when necessary). Besides that, I just thought Jane was better ot more mature than that stupid lie. That lie colored my enjoyment of the story onward and that's why I'll give it 3.5 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Best Girl.