Amber Tucker's Reviews > Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass by Lewis Carroll

May 27, 10

Read in May, 2010

What I may like best so far is to be reading a book that can be started and finished in the same day. I can hear Carroll's (well, rather, Dodgson's!) voice, almost feel the sun on my face as he tells the story in the rowboat to Alice and her sisters. It's delightful.
I haven't gotten as far as starting any real consideration of or research into the literary significance of the story yet. But I hope to find something like that in the near future. I read "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" yesterday, plan to do "Through the Looking-Glass" tomorrow ;) Please let me know if you've read and enjoyed anything analytic about these!

UPDATED:
After finishing Through the Looking-Glass and What Alice Found There, I can't say I enjoyed it much less than the first one. These books are charming. I think Dodgson should have written poetry volumes in his spare time (wait... did he?!); he seems to have enjoyed a little too much for the balance of what fits well in a short novel. Like Alice, I just feel the poems were sprinkled in a bit too generously.

TBC...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass.