Samantha Souza's Reviews > Dark Flame

Dark Flame by Alyson Noel

F 50x66
Sep 23, 2011

did not like it
bookshelves: depressing, dark, fantasy, fiction, not-worth-reading, paranormal, repetitious, tired-of-this-series, young-adult
Read in July, 2010 — I own a copy

OH MY GAWD!!! Where do I start???
How about EVER! What in the hell is her deal. How are the mistakes that she's been making even realistic? Anyone with half of a brain would make better choices than her? She deliberately ignores Damen's advice time and time again, and he again and again shows his forgiveness. What the hell kind of relationship are they in? You would think that Damen would get tired of her screwing up his life after three freakin books. I think that Alyson needs to get her characters straight before she even thinks about starting another book. I don't like the way Ever went from this sweet little outcast to a worry wart, goody-two-shoes immortal with her nose in the air.

And HAVEN! What a spoiled self righteous bitch. Who in the hell died and made her queen of the Immortals? Oh that's right, her stupid freaking love interest/bad guy/mortal enemy of her "best friend" boyfriend Roman. I mean really? Who gets their life saved by someone and then turns around and says, "Oh thanks for saving my life and all but I didn't need your help. And by the way I'm dating your mortal enemy"? What kind of best friend DOES that? Could she be anymore self involved???

And I hope she does something interesting with Honor and Stacia because if not then those characters are seriously redundant. Along with Jude who annoys the hell out of me too.

And last but certainly not least, Damen. This dude seriously needs a backbone.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Flame.

06/29 marked as: read

Lindsey hahaha. Well done.
lol

message 2: by Josheka (new)

Josheka Wow. This is the best review I've seen so far..really good! :P