Leanne Bell's Reviews > Paranormalcy

Paranormalcy by Kiersten White

It's been nearly a week since I finished this and I can still remember it clearly which is a good thing as this review would be much harder to write had I forgotten :-p So without any further elaboration here's a brief synopsis for you:

Evie's life isn't what most people would call normal. She can see through the glamour of Paranormal creatures such as Hag's, Faeries, Vampires and Werewolves and she helps to tag them and bring them under the rules of the International Paranormal Containment Agency (IPCA) to stop them causing anymore trouble and to give them work to do. But now Paranormals are dying and as the death toll increases and a strange prophecy surfaces, it becomes apparent that Evie may be unintentionally caught up in something incredibly dark and dangerous.

Wow, I loved this book and I'm about to go all gushy about this like a love-sick teenager! Evie is such an incredible and original character and I loved how stupidly funny this is. One minute I was laughing my head off and the next I was shedding tears. This is a bleeping wonderful book!
The plot is original with all it's twists, turns and revelations and I loved how Evie came into her own and started making her own choices as she learned more and more about the IPCA and what it did, which is brave considering how sheltered from the normal teenage world she was.

Just for fun here's my top favourite things I love about this book:
1. Lish and her bleeping computer
2. Tasey the pink taser
3. Evie's obsession with lockers
4. Lend

Ah, Lend. How I love Lend. As far as characters go he is true teenage awesomeness. I don't want to say too much about what he can do but he is honestly fantastic and the way he is with Evie is brilliant too!
Lish is another one of my favourites and I love how every swear word she uses gets bleeped on her computer, it had me in giggles throughout the book, and her and Evie have such a good laugh together.

I am aware I've been talking about this like it's a easy children/teen read but it really is much more than that and although it will have you laughing until you hurt it will also have you sobbing in parts. Some of the story line will have you so tense and wanting to know what happens next that you'll be flipping the pages at light speed. So many things in this book are different to others I've read, for example, even the enemy in this book isn't what it appears to be and quite a bit of the book reads like a mystery as well as romance and fantasy.
The ending was fantastic and I have just downloaded the sequel for my Kindle so the good news people is that when you read this and you get hooked, you don't have to wait for the sequel to be released.
If your looking for a teen novel with good escapism for you're adventurous adult, and with a touch of romance, give this incredible book a go.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Paranormalcy.

Quotes Leanne Liked

Kiersten White
“Lish tried to swear--which is always funny, because the computer won't translate it. It went something like this: "Bleep stupid bleep bleep faeries and their bleep bleep bleep obsessions. He had better stop bleep bleep bleep the bleep bleep rules or I will bleep bleep bleep the little bleeeeeeeeeeep.”
Kiersten White, Paranormalcy

Kiersten White
“What do you think? Does this face make me look fat?”
Kiersten White, Paranormalcy

07/19/2011
6.0% "haha Im gonna have a taser called tasey...awesome"
07/19/2011
12.0% "funny as...have a bleeping bleeping day lol"
07/20/2011
40.0% "love Lend! <3"
07/23/2011
50.0% "reading 4 books at once means I'm probably gonna finish a bunch of them at the same time"
show 3 hidden updates…

Jennifer Great book! Lend is awesome!

Leanne Bell Im only 19 pages in and I've been laughing like a loony

Jennifer Yes and I love tasey too! lol I have always wanted a taser Mine will be purple!

Leanne Bell reminds me a little of the hello kitty taser in Alyxandra Harvey's novels, that had me choking with laughter too lol

Jules (Never enough time to read) I'm so glad that you really liked this one. I loved it, I can't wait to get my hands on Supernaturally!!

Leanne Bell I've got it on Kindle, but I have a ton of other books to get through before hand. It sounds amazing though :-)