Shantay's Reviews > Night

Night by Elie Wiesel

May 27, 10

bookshelves: info-bios
Read in May, 2010

-Not nice couldn't really get with it. -doesn't even deserve a star. Boring!:( Again, Hana's Suitcase style is preferred!TMI!TMI!TMI!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Night.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Erin Shantay why did you think Night was boring?

message 2: by Shantay (last edited Jun 17, 2010 02:09AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Shantay I did not like the style. Just could not get into it, probabably due to it being another holocaust story just like another slavery story.

529_Maggie I am sorry you did not enjoy the book. Looking past the holocaust, what about the struggles of loosing your childhood or the vivd images of his farther being beat? I have to disagree with Shantay- I enjoyed this novel.

Beth Yost I did enjoy the book but I do believe there is a point when we've had too much. This is no fault of Elie Wiesel, but the constant exploitation of tragic events can sometimes do more harm than good. Again, I stress this is no fault of Elie Wiesel. I believe he wrote a stunning memoir, but will guiltily admit that there are points I knew I should have been feeling more, but as a result of overexposure, I just casually read through it.

message 5: by Bob (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bob Beemsterboer b.yost wrote: "I did enjoy the book but I do believe there is a point when we've had too much. This is no fault of Elie Wiesel, but the constant exploitation of tragic events can sometimes do more harm than good..."

Over exposure is becoming a problem. I have to say I found myself casually reading through some of the more gruesome parts of the novel as well.