Fred D's Reviews > Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Mar 16, 08

bookshelves: fantasy
Recommended for: Anybody
Read in October, 2007

So far my favorite of the Harry Potter Series (I'm in the 5th book right now). Finally the series has started to get a bit darker, which is the way I like it. The plot is more complex than the previous books, and more interesting. One thing that really bugs me about the book though, and I had the same complaint about the movie, is that it never explains adequately enough for me WHY Potter HAD to compete in the Triwizard Tournament, even though he wasn't 17. I mean, why couldn't he be disqualified? What would have been the consequences if he had been, or if he simply had tried to drop out? I also thought it was kind-of dumb how none of the teachers seemed to foresee the possibility that someone over age 17 might try to submit a name of someone else under age 17. It's a glaring loophole. No one foresaw it? And no one thought of doing it besides just one person? Come on! Still a great book though and still so far the best in the series. Oh, and another problem I had was the lack of security at the Quiddich World Cup. None of those Death Eaters were caught? Come on!!!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.