Ren's Reviews > Born in Death

Born in Death by J.D. Robb

This is the funniest book at In Death series, where you can see both Eve and Roarke almost vomit when see birthing scene. Wonder, maybe because of this, beside both have hard and difficult past, they' re not ready to have child? Perhaps.

So, Mavis Freestone, Eve's BFF forever (Mavis's term, not Eve) will give birth, and both Eve and Roarke act as her birth class partner, with Mavis's big lover, Leonardo, of course (who she called moonpie.. Err, whatever). Not just almost faint when see birthing video, Eve again must have a helluva of headache because she must plan baby shower for Mavis. Eve might be capable when solving a case, but planning a simple party? She as clueless as a rookie police when they face their first case.

In Death will not complete without a murder, one or two (whoops). A young couple are murdered, and Eve found out they are trying to blackmail someone. While she investigating, Mavis said her friend who pregnant like her, Tandy Willowby, is missing. Mavis worried, because she know Tandy promise to attend her baby shower, but she's not coming. Eve promise Mavis she will search Tandy and her unborn baby, while still investigate the murder. That when she know there are might be a connection between Tandy's missing, the killer and a big conspiracy behind her case, which include children trafficking and insane killer who remind Eve of her past...

Why I said this one the funniest book? Well, maybe because I'm giggling and laughing when see how Eve and Roarke handle Mavis's pregnancy. And the last scene when Mavis and Leonardo finally married is magalicious (Mavis's term, not me. She love to said "mag", which I assumed the meaning is "cool"). The best scene in this book is, when finally Mavis and now-already-saved Tandy giving birth, they both naming their child based on Eve's name =) (Tandy's baby named Dallas for his middle name, Mavis naming her baby Bella Eve)

BTW, I read UK version of Born in Death, and this version make me annoyed. First, there are some typos, like no big letter for character's name. Then using (') rather than (") for apostrophe. Even that, Born in Death still an enjoyable and must read for In Death fans

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Born in Death.