Tatiana's Reviews > Faefever

Dec 12, 2014

bookshelves: 2010, urban-fantasy, 2011, favorites, 2012, 2014
Recommended to Tatiana by: Kat Kennedy
Read from January 04, 2011 to December 12, 2014 — I own a copy , read count: 4

What a cruel, cruel ending... If I were to wait a year to find out what happens to Mac next, I'd be royally pissed right now, because as much as I liked the book, I think this kind of ending is unacceptable and disrespectful to the series' fans.

Faefever is a very dark book and it starts out dark too. I missed Mac's happy-go-lucky attitude and flirtations with Barrons in previous installments. The only relief from the doom we get in this book comes in the form of MacHalo and Druid Voice lessons.

Like the previous two books - Darkfever and Bloodfever, there is not much resolution to any big problem/mystery, but there is progress. We learn more about how Unseelie came to life, who imprisoned them and why the walls holding them together are now crumbling. We find out the nature of the Book and what makes it difficult to get a hold of it. We get to know what the Lord Master is.

The Fae world is getting more and more complex. There are more players both on human and Fae side, and all characters are interesting in their own way. I am actually quite surprised that an author who previously wrote highlander bodice rippers created such an amazing mythology.

But in spite of all these positives, I think Faefever is the weakest in the series structure-wise. It is hard to say what exactly the main story arc of this novel. There is a series of events, many of them dramatic, but the story is unfinished. The ending is vague, the narration stops mid-scene and it calls for a good wrap-up.

I am extremely attached to the series now, to Mac and Jericho, and the entire world of Fae, sidhe-seers and Rhino-boys. I will be starting Dreamfever very soon and hope it will not leave me hanging in angst, waiting for the final chapter of this story - Shadowfever - which comes out 6 long months from now.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Faefever.

06/10/2010 page 60
14.42% "When is Jericho going to show up? I miss him" 5 comments
06/10/2010 page 118
28.37% "I think Barrons is jealous..." 4 comments
06/10/2010 page 185
44.47% "Ok, when are they finally going to do "it" I can barely stand the tension..."
09/13/2012 page 220
56.0% 3 comments
12/10/2014 marked as: currently-reading
12/12/2014 marked as: read
show 2 hidden updates…

Penny I hope you have Dreamfever on hand.

Kat Kennedy and hope it will not leave me hanging in angst, waiting for the final chapter of this story - Shadowfever - which comes out 6 long months from now.

I hate to tell you, but...

I agree - this was my least favourite of the series. I still enjoyed it but yeah. Good review! The cliffhanger is EVILLE!

Tatiana So, are you saying that Dreamfever is JUST LIKE Faefever ending-wise? Oh NO!

Also, I have some ideas what Jericho is.

Kat Kennedy Yes. Ending wise it's probably even MORE nerve wracking. However if you're sick of the unresolved sexual tension between Jericho and Mac then fear not.

Really? Please share! Theories are abundant and I'd be most interested to hear yours!

Tatiana Oh, sexy times finally! Can't wait. I am getting the book tomorrow.

As of right now I think he is an Unseelie King and he is trying to fix his mistakes without much success and he tries to stay away from Mac because she reminds him of nhis previous human flame. I reserve a right to change my mind once I read Dreamfever though:)

What do you think? IDK if you can tell me without giving spoilers...

Kat Kennedy Actually Penny and I have similar suspicions. Read Dreamfever then come see our discussion on my Darkfever review. There's other theories going around that he's a vampire thinggie or other such stuff. I suppose we'll see. There's just not enough evidence really but your suspicions are the best idea I have. Hope you have fun reading Dreamfever!

message 7: by Peta (new) - added it

Peta just finish reading it can't get pass the ending!!!gang rape.....all I'm thinking is that it started of slow and ended with rape..yea my least favorite of the 3 I've read

Sonya waiting for the final chapter of this story - Shadowfever - which comes out 6 long months from now

Tatiana - only a few days to wait. Thankfully the final book comes out Jan. 18th.

Tatiana I know! And it's excruciating! I am rereading Dreamfever right now and I don't have any patience left:)

I am a rabid fan girl, as you've guessed:)

Sonya Oh..Ok, I get it...this is a re-read. Sorry about that. Now the 6 month comment makes sense.

Kat Kennedy Sonya, Tatiana and I organized a group reread of The Fever series and created a group to discuss our theories and thoughts as we went.

Thus the rereading part. Also because she's a slowpoke.

Sonya Thanks Kat. I'll have to read the comments more carefully next time :-)

message 13: by Rita (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rita Webb I love your review! So wrapped up in the characters, I missed the fact that this book lacked a cohesive plot, but having already finished the series, that doesn't bother me. I think what was best about this book was the character development. Mac decides to act rather than react and starts training herself (or getting adequate teachers) to ensure her survival.

Bonnie Great review. I definitely need to do a re-read of this series. :)

message 15: by TJ (new) - rated it 3 stars

TJ Great review! I Totally agree with your points. Given those, though, why did you still give the book 5 stars?

Lisa (Fic Talk) Great review, Tatiana! I remember reading that scene (view spoiler) and wanting to throw my e-reader through the car window because I was being driven to work. Other than that, this was a fantastic book.

Andrea Jackson I completely agree. I only had to wait a few days and was pissed off!

Heather Sabian I agree. This is the weakest of the books so far but I am invested in the series now so I must keep going!

Ronyell Awesome review Tatiana!! Love this series!!!

message 20: by Judy (new)

Judy Oh dear, another author I MUST read.Plus I want her hair.