Susan's Reviews > Yertle the Turtle and Other Stories

Yertle the Turtle and Other Stories by Dr. Seuss

May 27, 10

I just read Yertle the Turtle to my students on our very last day. I didn't know until this year that Dr. Seuss wrote with Yertle as a symbolic Hitler and Mussolini. My new book includes some quotes of an interview with Dr. Seuss. Kind of interesting. He's one of my favorite authors.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Yertle the Turtle and Other Stories.

message 1: by Natacha (new)

Natacha I loved that story im glad you read it to us! Can you believe i never heard of it until today! And thanks for the great year!!
-Natacha

Susan Natacha,
Ah, thanks for the message. You're welcome, and thank YOU for a great year. I'm really happy we are friends on goodreads. I'm excited to get reading ideas from you and share our thoughts about what we do read. You're sharp and sincere---two great qualities to have! How was your first day of summer? We had a wonderful day! My niece slept over, we ate ice cream and otter pops, and took a nap. Perfect! We also read some of those children's books from the library. Fun. --Mrs. Wiese

message 3: by Natacha (new)

Natacha My first day of summer was great, we had a schools out party at a friends house, but before that i had to pack, we are moving closer to town, anyway that wasn't very fun. The party was awesome though! We might be going to Mexico or Orlando this summer so looking forward to that!!