Larissa's Reviews > As Lie the Dead

As Lie the Dead by Kelly Meding

Jul 13, 10

bookshelves: arc, to-review
Recommended for: Urban Fantasy Lovers!
Read from May 26 to June 27, 2010 , read count: 1

-> 4 & 1/2 out of 5 Stars!

*Contain Spoilers if you haven’t read “Three Days to dead”

I really enjoyed Kelly’s previous novel, “Three Days to Dead” and have been been looking forward to the sequel ever since I finished it. I’m so happy I got the chance to read the ARC. I had high hopes for this book and was not disappointed.

“As Lie The Dead” starts right after the end of the previous book and if you thought that being tortured. dying. being resurrected in a body that’s not yours, having 3 days to save the world before you die again and being hunted by those you believed where your friends is bad enough for our heroine Evangeline Stone, you have got another thing coming.

Evy is not dead and the immediate threat to her world has been neutralized for now, but things are far from over. The triads don’t take quitting easily and are still considering her to be a rogue that needs to be dealt with. The Owlkin, which she believed had been decimated, have a few survivors left and are depending on her to keep them safe.

Along with that, Evy is still dealing with having 2 consciousness in one body and the after math of the deaths from Three Days to dead. Let’s not forget her new and tumultuous relationship with her former handler, Wyatt, who seems to be keeping many more secrets than she thought possible.

Our beloved heroine is back in style and more damaged than ever. I love Evy and all her flaws. She is loyal, brave, damaged, stubborn and not afraid to kick-ass when necessary. Her relationship with Wyatt evolves a lot in this novel and even though it is clear that it won’t be easy for them to work out, it is definitely worth it and great to follow.

I also really enjoyed the addition of new secondary characters like Phinn, and a closer look into the were population, structures and politics. As Lie The Dead is such an awesome book. I went through it in one sitting and I could not put it down for a second. You get non-stop action, a troubled kick-ass heroine and a great romance all in one neat package of Urban Fantasy awesomeness.

If you haven't checked out Kelly Meding’s Dreg City series yet, you don’t know what you’re missing. There are so many Urban Fantasy novels and series out there, it’s great to read something that at the same time is faithful to the classics and brings something fresh to the table. I recommend it to all Urban Fantasy lovers out there!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read As Lie the Dead.

05/26/2010 page 1
06/24/2010 page 416
100.0% "I want more Evy and Wyatt!!! =))) @KellyMeding"
show 2 hidden updates…