Beth's Reviews > Seven Year Switch

Seven Year Switch by Claire Cook

May 30, 2010

bookshelves: arcs, read-in-2010
Read from May 26 to 30, 2010

This is a great book to read to kick off the summer beach reading season! Jill Murray is a single mom raising her 10 year old daughter, Anastasia. Jill is "man-free" after her husband abandoned both her and her daughter 7 years ago. Jill is a strong woman who has worked hard at being a good parent. She works two jobs answering phones for Great Girls Getaways and also teaches a cultural cooking class. She meets Billy who hires her as a consultant around the same time Seth, the ex-husband decides he needs to get to know his daughter. Jill finds herself smitten with Billy but finds herself spending time with Seth and their daughter. All of a sudden Jill's man-free life is anything but man-free! There are quite a few interesting characters in the book. I loved Cynthia, Jill's well-to-do and crazy neighbor. I love how light hearted and fun this book is! I found myself laughing many time throughout the book! I think anyone in Jill's situation needs to have a good sense of humor and she definitely has that! Some of the situations she finds herself in are quite humorous! Take this book to the beach but bring plenty of sunscreen with you because you won't want to put it down until you've finished it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seven Year Switch.