Shawna's Reviews > Can't Stand The Heat

Can't Stand The Heat by Louisa Edwards

3 stars – Contemporary Romance

I was hoping for a spicy culinary romance similar to Hot in Here by Sophie Renwick, and although this has a sexy chef hero and is somewhat steamy, the myriad details on the inner workings of running a restaurant were a tad boring at times for me. I thought the heroine Miranda was rather b*tchy, annoying, judgmental, and hypocritical, and I honestly couldn't fathom why the hero Adam was so enamored by her.

There is a sweet secondary M/M romance between Miranda's younger brother Jess, who's still struggling to abandon the closet, and Adam's sous-chef Frankie that totally steals the spotlight from the main couple. In fact, their heartwarming romance was the highlight and saving grace of the entire story, IMO.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Can't Stand The Heat.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angelc (new)

Angelc awww!! sorry it wasn't better! great review, though. at least the side story was cute

message 2: by May (new)

May great review - I totally agree with what you said about it too. It's too bad it wasn't a better book!!

Shawna Thanks! Yeah, it just dragged too much, but I did enjoy the secondary romance, at least.

message 4: by Auntee (new) - added it

Auntee Hot in Here would be a hard act to follow...;)
Nice review Shawna!

message 5: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Amen to that Auntee!

Shawna True that, especially since Bryce was so yummy! Thanks, Auntee!

Ceci Exactly how i felt with this book!!! I should probably check out Hot in Here... I never heard of that book but from what you say and the synopsis, it seems to be a winner!! ;)

message 8: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Ceci you don't know what you are missing...

Shawna Oh yes, Hot in Here is...well...HOT! I highly recommend it.

message 10: by Ceci (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ceci Don't worry!!! I?m already reading it and one word is HOT!!! Very hot!! :D

Exina Exactly what I wanted to say. Jess and Frankie's plotline was so sweet indeed!

Shawna Yeah, Jess and Frankie were my favorite part of the book.