Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)'s Reviews > Bone Crossed

Bone Crossed by Patricia Briggs

Dec 10, 12

bookshelves: genre-urban-fantasy, shifters, books-i-go-rabid-over, books-i-own, covers-to-covet, fae, drinks-on-me, favorites, king-of-the-harem, my-hottie-harem, vampires, zombies, werewolves, re-read, read-in-2011
Recommended for: Urban Fantasy fans
Read from March 02 to 04, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 1

Posted on Under the Covers

This is my second time reading Bone Crossed. Having not read the first three books the first time, I was completely lost to what was happening. I didn’t feel attached to Mercy’s character and didn’t find the romance engaging. This time around though, everything was in perspective and I found that this book was a lot “lighter” in terms of the banter between characters. Briggs really kicked up the humour in this book! I found myself stupidly smiling at the teasing between Mercy and the werewolves and I noticed that Mercy’s got a smart mouth in this one! This line was particularly funny:

There was even a “Ho, ho, ho,” if you skipped around a little and deleted an “e” on the last “ho”. Our green painter had a limited vocabulary and occasionally mixed up a professional working woman with a garden implement. Har har!

One thing that’s different about this series is that the vampires don’t give off “fuck me” pheromones. Instead, they’re scary as hell, which is just as effective as keeping readers on their toes. James Blackwood creeps me out and the ending with the ghosts and zombie thing just wasn’t for me. Yuck!

But the biggest thing about this book is probably the relationship between Mercy and Adam. While they aren’t going at it like rabbits, there’s still one scene that is particularly memorable. There’s something unique about Briggs’ writing because even though she holds off on the sex, people still read it! That to me is a testament to her writing skill. There’s so much more to Mercy and her world than just her relationships. And it’s a world I’d love to read more of.

Favourite Quote:
“Just like Medea,” he murmured. “All I have to do is put my hands on you. You can be spitting mad...and then you lean against me and go all soft and still.” He put his mouth against my ear. “That’s how I know you want me as much as I want you.” His arms were tight around me, and I knew that I wasn’t the only one with wounds.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bone Crossed.

05/26/2010 page 57
03/02/2011 page 20
6.0% "Rereading this again! Now I finally know whats going on!" 2 comments
03/03/2011 page 101
33.0% "I want Adam's wolfie babies!"
03/03/2011 page 157
51.0% "The vampires in this series are scary! First Littleton and Andre and now Blackwood? Why can they all be a gallant, Mystery Machine driving vampire?"
03/04/2011 page 212
69.0% "Is it just me, or is this instalment a little more funnier than the others?"
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Toana I would recommend you read from the begining that way you'll see how everything ties in, maybe that would change you rating a bit. :)

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) I will definitely be doing that, Toana! I was lost in the plotlines so reading from the beginning would definitely change my rating. Thanks!

~Jessica~I'm a Hoodie Ninja~ I Love this series! One of my all time favorites! And Adam is MINE!

~Jessica~I'm a Hoodie Ninja~ Oh no no no Annie! I claimed him looooooong ago! muuaaaaahahahahahahahahhahahhaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) LMAOOO!!!! Oh yes yes, I remember that post. Fine, you can have him :P

~Jessica~I'm a Hoodie Ninja~ MUUUAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!!! lol I love you darling!

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Lmfao!!! Love ya too! Xoxox