Jenny / Wondrous Reads's Reviews > Showbiz Sensation

Showbiz Sensation by Tamsyn Murray

I don't usually review books for an age group this young (5+), but I enjoyed Murray's YA debut, My So-Called Afterlife, so thought I'd give this one a go as a one-off change. One chapter in, I knew I'd made the right decision -- I was laughing my head off at Harriet's hutch antics, not to mention the fantastically funny illustrations by Lee Wildish.

Murray's writing is brilliant to read. It's amusing in the best way, and her characters are charming and intelligent animals with personalities that kids will love. Thanks to Harriet herself, as well as Smudge the family cat and Doodle the opera-singing Poodle, things are never dull in Showbiz Sensation.

This is exactly the kind of book I would have loved when I was little, and I'm sure any child reading it will enjoy it. I've never heard of a famous cartwheeling, somersaulting pet rabbit before, but if I could somehow own one, I would. Though I'd have to get it a really, really sturdy cage, for fear of an Alcatraz-like escape plan taking place.

Great stuff.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Showbiz Sensation.