Nicole's Reviews > After the Leaves Fall

After the Leaves Fall by Nicole Baart

Jan 24, 08

(Review from the author)

"In her promising debut novel, Baart writes compellingly about a young girl's struggle with loss, love, identity and faith... Sparkling prose makes this new novel a welcome addition to inspirational fiction."
Publisher's Weekly

"Debut author Baart's writing is evocative and beautiful "
Romantic Times

“After the Leaves Fall is a novel that soars with significance.”
Joyce Handzo (In the Library Reviews)

“Beautifully and sensitively written, Nicole Baart’s debut novel, After the Leaves Fall, is a breathtaking peek into a young girl’s soul. If you are a daughter, a mother, or a grandmother, this book will touch your heart.”
Angela Hunt (best-selling author)

“What happens to Julia in After the Leaves Fall, a fine coming-of-age novel, is perfectly believable because she is so precisely drawn, her story so deftly told. Nicole Baart’s lyrical prose is a joy, and this deeply moving novel promises much more from its young and gifted author.”
James Calvin Schaap (author of Romey’s Place)

“Great tenderness and tragedy make Nicole Baart’s debut novel, After the Leaves Fall, an emotional journey. The reader feels compelled to reach out to this character, and offer support due largely to the convincing characterizations. Descriptive and detail-oriented accounts are well- crafted and stimulating making this first novel a winner.”
Brenda A. Snodgrass (Compulsive Reader)
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read After the Leaves Fall.

Quotes Nicole Liked

Nicole Baart
“It isn't true that whatever doesn't kill you only makes you stronger...but whatever doesn't kill you does leave you vulnerable to another day.”
Nicole Baart, After the Leaves Fall

Nicole Baart
“all-too-familiar homes. There were at least a dozen people waiting at the meat counter, and the dairy case had already been emptied of the pound blocks of butter Grandma liked to use for baking. I tried not to get annoyed and made substitutions whenever I came across an item on my list that had sold out. It actually seemed appropriate somehow to have such a hodgepodge holiday. I had to settle for chicken instead of the traditional Cornish game hens that Grandma prepared for our Christmas feast. Low-fat eggnog because the regular cartons were already gone. Margarine substituted for butter. At the checkout, I counted the cash that Grandma”
Nicole Baart, After The Leaves Fall