Mollie *scoutrmom*'s Reviews > Play of Passion

Play of Passion by Nalini Singh

Nov 08, 10

bookshelves: paranormal, romance, read-in-2010, read-in-2011, read-in-2013
Recommended for: fans of paranormal romance
Read from March 15 to 16, 2013 — I own a copy, read count: 4

I truly enjoyed this book, though it wasn't perfect.

I did not like the ending, where the situation is partly a cliffhanger for the next book.

I also did not much like the traumatic incident it took for Indigo to fully open up to the mating bond, I feel the author could have used a less dramatic event to achieve the same outcome.

Besides those two issues, the book is a gem. Andrew adorably keeps putting his foot in it, and he has to drag out a lot of charm to overcome the problems he caused. I like that the rest of the pack is cheering them on and sharing their amusement at his ploys.

What we have as a theme is the overcoming by Indigo of deep mistrust in her own ability to accept a less dominant male as a mate. There is a dysfunctional relationship model she wishes to avoid, and her parents' deep love for each other does not compute because her mother is naturally submissive.

When Platypus went on top of the dresser, I wanted to cry. What a great scene. I cannot think of any other author who has used something like Platypus to bring a couple closer, and it really worked for me.

Another one for the keeper shelf.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Play of Passion.