Carmaletta Hilton's Reviews > Blockade Billy

Blockade Billy by Stephen King

May 25, 10

Read on May 25, 2010

** spoiler alert ** A pretty good read. I didn't get into it as much as I have King's other books, but I'm pretty sure that's because I'm not a huge baseball fan. It was pretty quick to read, only 80 pages, and it seemed to be over as soon as I started. The ending--- I don't know. It just kind of ended, and I'm still not sure how I feel about it.

I also enjoyed the story Morality. This story reminded me of The Box by Richard Matheson, which I don't find too surprising considering that Stephen King has already said that Matheson was one of his greatest inspirations. I was shocked when I found out what Winnie wanted her to do. I liked the way we weren't told what it was until it was actually done, and considering what was said about it, the actual act itself was something that never would have entered my mind. It's interesting that a man of God would come up with something so low, especially when he doesn't have to do it himself. The disintegration of the people were expected, just not so much the level that Nora took things.

Overall, a good quick read. The story of Mortality was intriguing, and the voice of Blockade Billy was engaging.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blockade Billy.