Tina's Reviews > Endless Summer

1420355
Mar 26, 11

bookshelves: own-it, ya-fiction
Read from June 03 to 06, 2010, read count: 2

First half ... The Boys Next Door ...

Luvd it! It was so much fun! The setting rocked, summer, living, working, partying, and crushing on boys ... all at the lake. Awesome characters. Wish I was Lori growing up next door to the swoon worthy Vader boys. I enjoyed Echols's Going to Far, this was better!

My only gripe was Lori's cluelessness and her obsession with Sean. I think I saw a little of me from my teen years. Which makes these characters relatable and the story realistic.

I haven't said this in a long time ... I'd totally pick this up and read again! *** UPDATE *** I have read it again. It was even better!

Plot 5 stars
Romance/Chemistry 5 stars
Drama / Romance ratio 30:70
Ending 5 stars
Good enough to pick up again 5 stars

Second half ... Endless Summer ... starts hours from when The Boys Next Door left off.

This half of the book is written in alternating view points. The chapters alternate between Adam and Lori's POVs. Adam's POV is a refreshing incite into the mind of a ADD love struck boy. Straight from the get go, Adam and Lori are banned from seeing each other. They must now find a way to change Lori's dad's mind and lift the ban.

Same fun summer love as the first half. Same great characters and same awesome writing. But I do have a gripe with Lori ... again. Her cluelessness leads her to make stupid rash decision. How does Lori handle her ban from Adam? She decides to date other boys, in the hopes that her dad will want her back with Adam! I think she just wants to date lots of boys! I found her plan insensitive and stupid. Adam shouldn't have forgiven her, he deserves better! But it's more of a true love story, so I guess they should end up together.

Plot 4 stars
Romance/Chemistry 5 stars
Drama / Romance ratio 40:60
Ending 4 stars
Good enough to pick up again 5 stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Endless Summer.

03/22/2011 page 88
15.0% "Re-reading because I loved it that much."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by May (new) - added it

May excited to see what you think of second half... I've been on fence about buying this one

Tina So, far the second half is good. You get two books in one, it's a good deal.

kari Great review. Exactly how I felt about it.