☯Bettie☯'s Reviews > The Lambs Of London

bookshelves: published-2003, summer-2010, abandoned
Read on June 07, 2010

** spoiler alert ** Bettie's Books
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lambs Of London.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads I couldn't finish this one either; it may be Room 101-worthy.

☯Bettie☯ Susanna wrote: "I couldn't finish this one either; it may be Room 101-worthy."

This is the same guy who wrote Chatterton, which I loved! Doesn't make sense unless there was a publishing deal
*snerks aboundeth*

Gerry Bettie

As you know, I struggled with this one, too. I think I only finished it because it was Peter Ackroyd, who I usually rate quite highly. Had it been any other author I would, I feel sure, do as one of your other friends suggested and have confined it to Room 101.

Gerry

message 4: by Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (last edited Jun 09, 2010 11:06AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads I have yet to read another of his books. As this was the first one I picked up, and it left a very nasty taste in my mouth.

ETA: Might be one for the "books that disappointed me by authors I like" list.

☯Bettie☯ I have Hawksmoor somewhere on my shelves - I'll see about giving that ago as soon as I lose some of this backlog I have inflicted myself with.

Don't want this book to be the lasting impression of Ackroyd.