Cristy's Reviews > Away

Away by Teri Hall

May 25, 2010

bookshelves: dystopian-post-apocalyptic, paranormal-supernatural, series
Read from September 17 to 18, 2011

I know that Teri Hall’s first book THE LINE was met with mixed reviews by readers, some having loved it while others felt it too slow with not enough action moving the story forward; I was one of the fans of the book. In fact I really loved the first installment of this series and was eagerly awaiting this next book. And I have to say, AWAY (The Line#2) is even better than the first and I’m confident when I say, I believe critics of the first will be hard-pressed to find this book “too slow”.

There is plenty of adventure to be had as Rachel finds herself on the other side of The Line, in Away. So very different from the world she has grown up in. There is no technology, no electricity or running water and no government; but there is The Others and Rachel soon finds they have secrets of their own, powerful secrets, even deadly secrets.

As this dystopian series adds a paranormal twist, is Rachel safe with these strangers and their “gifts”?... Will she ever find her way back to her mother and The Property?... Is there a chance that the father she has believed to be dead since she was three years old could still be alive? Many questions brought about by THE LINE are answered here in AWAY, while more questions arise and a whole new set of characters are introduced. With the conclusion of AWAY, it is obvious that Rachel’s fascinating story is far from over and I look forward to continuing on with her in this compelling journey.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Away.

Quotes Cristy Liked

Teri Hall
“Even the weak and the foolish feel love. They just don't know how to make that matter to someone other than themselves.”
Teri Hall, Away