Angela's Reviews > Prom Nights from Hell

Prom Nights from Hell by Meg Cabot

Jul 08, 10

bookshelves: short-story, ya, library-book, sci-fi-fantasy
Read in July, 2010

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Prom Nights from Hell.

06/03/2010 page 58
06/07/2010 page 58
19.08% "I've read the first story which was far too much like Buffy and Meyer's story which was decent. I'm having a hard time getting into the second story. *sighs* One day I'll finish this... I think."
06/17/2010 page 58
18.0% "Still skipping around in this one. I have to read Myracle's The Corsage (a take on The Monkey's Paw) and Jaffe's Kiss and Tell. For some reason I'm not into this set as much as I was Love is Hell and Vacations from Hell... *sadface*" 2 comments

Julie Since you loved Love is Hell, you will probably really like this one too. Kim Harrison's story in this collection is the intro/setup for her YA book that came out last year, Once Dead, Twice Shy (also quite good).

message 2: by Angela (new) - added it

Angela Thank you! I just requested this and the Vacations from Hell from the library. =) I'll definitely add Once Dead, Twice Shy to my to read list. Short stories are a great way to get to know an author.

message 3: by AH (new) - rated it 3 stars

AH I read this a while ago. I liked Kim Harrison's story a lot, but I didn't have any patience for Stephenie Meyer's story.

message 4: by Angela (new) - added it

Angela After having read it, I can see why you didn't have patience for the Meyer story. I did like it, but it was a little disjointed and the protagonist love interested was not likable in the least! =P He definitely "deserved" better. Maybe it would have worked better as a full story? I don't know...

message 5: by AH (new) - rated it 3 stars

AH I might have just been looking for Edward....

message 6: by Angela (new) - added it

Angela hehe Seems to be a common problem. I am not the norm, I fear. I LOVE Edward. I am a die-hard Team Edward fan. But I want something new from Meyer. So anything she writes that isn't Twi-related I am all over. Gosh I wish she'd write a new book!

message 7: by AH (new) - rated it 3 stars

AH Did you read the Host? I hated it for the first 200 pages (yes I lasted through it), then it was just OK.

message 8: by Angela (new) - added it

Angela Yes. And I adored it. hehehe As I said, I'm in the small minority it seems. In fact... I fell in love with one of the characters in The Host and I'd say that love rivals my love for Edward. I am a heretic, what can I say? *winks*